The Watering Can was founded to fill a need in the Sioux Falls area supporting artists and creatives intheir business and professional development. It is our hope to empower artists to succeed in both termsof productivity and financial stability. Allowing them to pursue their passion and contribute to the vibrancy of our community.
A quote by Andy Warhol has been an inspiration:
Being good in business is the most fascinating kind of art. Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.
The Watering Can’s mission:
To embrace the arts through community development and assistance to artists in their professional and leadership development.
Goals of The Watering Can:
- Provide professional development for artists and creatives
- Local scheduled classes
- Online classes
- Coaching and consulting
- Resource hub
- Creating community for peer support and sharing of resources & knowledge
- Support established creatives to move to the next level
- Mentor program
- Leadership development to encourage and support creatives to step forward and have the skills to lead
- To be a vehicle for organizations, communities, governmental entities and other nonprofits to develop and implement community development projects and events
- Provide education and opportunities for collectors and potential patrons to be comfortable and willing to financially support artists and their work
The WC remains flexible understanding the needs of the community and arts are continually changing. We are fluid and able to respond to the ebb and flow of both.